SUSTAINABLE RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION
Your home is your greatest asset; now you can afford to make it eco-friendly.
EcoBuild+ believes in creating custom homes that provide the comfort and health of eco-friendly construction at an affordable price. These are the principles of Passive House design. By embracing new technologies, we can change the old mentality of home building and begin a residential construction revolution that benefits our clients, communities, and the Earth.
EcoBuild+ delivers an outstanding experience from the first meeting to the final inspection of your dream home.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Invest in Green
Nowadays, “going green” is the only way to go. As a result, “building green” and passive homes are growing in popularity everywhere. Passive houses are built to significantly cut your carbon footprint and be energy efficient, including taking very little energy to cool or heat your home. It is both a building methodology and comfort standard. For homeowners everywhere, it means a reduction of your power bills as well.
To be classified as a passive house, a building must meet the best practices guidelines for keeping outside temperatures outside while maintaining a stable temperature inside. Furthermore, the air quality inside needs to be high-quality as well. These “best practices” were initially developed by the Passive House Institute (PHI) based on years of research. Today, they are used by thousands of architects, contractors, and developers worldwide. All homes designated “a passive house” are built according to these standards for energy-efficiency and carbon footprint.
Passive houses require good ventilation including maintaining interior temperature by keeping an air-tight environment. This might require continuous insulation, triple-paned windows, and an overall efficient air-quality control system. In addition, they also need to remove thermal bridging, a problem that occurs when the temperature is transferred from one object to another through physical contact.
Passive house techniques can make your home up to 90% more energy-efficient than the average home today. This makes owning a passive home not only more comfortable but significantly cheaper to maintain. Furthermore, it’s good for the environment overall.
RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION Process
Whether you are building from the ground up or retrofitting your space to fit your lifestyle, EcoBuild+ provides professional, timely expertise you can count on. With over 25 years of experience in sustainable, eco-friendly residential construction, we are your one-stop-shop for all building and renovations needs, including:
- Architectural Engineering: Our specialists offer the latest in sustainable architecture and climate engineering related to planning and executing building construction or renovations.
- Structural Engineering: We provide eco-friendly mechanical, electrical, and plumbing services to ensure your home or building is running as efficiently as possible.
- Construction Consulting: Our construction consultants manage your project by keeping crew schedules, watching costs, expertly reviewing construction, and otherwise project managing your site.
- Home Remodeling: We offer quality craftsmanship on interior and exterior renovations, including home additions, new kitchens and bathrooms, finished basements, and much more. Our projects combine high-design with sustainability and comfort.
- Preconstruction Planning: Our experts will take you through the entirety of your building project, from development through execution, providing a step-by-step guide that includes bid packaging, budgeting & estimating, cash flow projections, permit processing, mechanical/electrical/fire/plumbing, and material selection.
Take it from Our Clients
New Construction Home
Get in Touch
If you have a vision for the home of your dreams but don’t know where to start, contact us and we walk you through every step of the residential construction process. It’s our goal to help you lower your utility costs and create a comfortable, healthy space for your family, without posing any harm to the Earth.
Whether you seek new residential construction or a bath, kitchen or basement renovation, as Chicago’s best general contractors, we provide a level of customer service that matches our craftsmanship, ensuring that your goals are met on-time and on-budget.
Creating a true custom home takes time and attention; at EcoBuild+ we work to bring your visions to reality.
Quality craftsmanship, efficient design, unsurpassed customer service, and experience are some of the core values of our company.
EcoBuild+ is committed to giving you a personal experience during the entire home building process.