EcoBuild+ is the #1 leader in Passive House development and the installation of high-efficiency products and services.
Whether you wish to add onto your home, redesign a kitchen, bathroom, or basement, or want to retrofit a building to be more eco-friendly, we have the expertise to make your dream a reality.
Plus, we’ve been working in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs for over 25 years. Our in-house design experts understand the structures of homes in this area and are intimately familiar with local building codes and permits. We have relationships with local tradesmen and construction crews, and we offer on-site management so your home renovation goes as smoothly as possible.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
- Interior Design: Our EcoBuild+ interior designers are experts in eco-friendly design. We know everything there is to know about organic upholstery, non-toxic crib mattresses, zero-VOC paints, natural fiber rugs, and real-wood furniture. Plus, we know what to avoid, like synthetic materials, particleboard, resins, and adhesives which give off harmful gases and activate allergies inside your home.
- Flooring: There are many eco-friendly options when it comes to flooring. While concrete floors collect and store the most heat, adding a wooden or tile covering does not significantly diminish the amount of energy being absorbed in your home. We recommend choosing whatever flooring makes you the most comfortable. Have cold feet? There’s underfloor heating for that.
- Drywall: The most important aspect of drywall in a Passive House is what the drywall hides behind it, namely, properly installed air barriers, moisture management, and insulation.
- Interior Painting: Natural and non-toxic finishes are important to the design of a Passive House, and there are plenty of options to choose from. Our interior designers can help you choose the right colors and stains to compliment your personal style.
- HVAC & Plumbing: EcoBuild+ has the trained professionals you need to take care of all your mechanical needs. We provide a variety of HVAC & Plumbing services for your property while conserving energy and keeping costs down.
- Electrical: We are fully equipped to outfit your home with an electrical wiring system. Plus, we can help you choose eco-friendly fixtures and lighting for inside or outside your home or building, add sockets and switches, and install new generator systems. Need a tip? Using CFL lightbulbs in your utility room, garage, and hallways will drastically cut your monthly energy costs.
- Countertops: There are a wide variety of options when it come to countertops. You need a surface that’s durable, attractive and easy to get along with. It’s worth weighing the options carefully when you’re deciding.
- Kitchen Backsplash: The most important thing to consider when selecting the design of your backsplash is how it will complement or contrast with your countertop and floor. Depending on your taste, either matching or artfully mismatching the materials and colors can work well to bring everything together.
- Doors & Trim: There is a wide variety of styles, colors and high quality materials to choose from for your exterior door and interior door needs. Poorly installed doors effect your home’s energy efficiency, curb appeal and safety, so let the EcoBuild+ professionals handle the job.
- Cabinets & Hardware: The right kitchen cabinetry can make or break your kitchen’s functionality and style — not to mention your budget. Don’t stress — EcoBuild’s kitchen cabinet guides can walk you through the process, from start to finish.
- Crown Molding: Add character with a decorative trim that elevates a room’s stature, drawing the eye up to the ceiling and creating a cohesive and polished look in any space.
Contact us with any questions and set up a free consultation today!
- Roofing: Eco-friendly homes need air-tight, insulated roofing that absorbs heat and maintains air quality. We offer many roofing options, including cedar shingles, slate, metal, asphalt, clay, and green roofs. EcoBuild+ consultants are also happy to walk you through solar panel options to even further enhance the energy savings of your home.
- Siding: While the cost of Passive House approved siding can be high, in the long run, this investment will pay off. Our experts will walk you through the benefits of each of our siding options and customize it to your liking. Metal siding is common in Passive Houses, however timber, stone, cement, and board lap are also great options.
- Windows and Doors: Since the primary source of heat in an eco-friendly or Passive House is the sun, the location and installation of your home’s windows and doors are of utmost importance. EcoBuild+ building managers will oversee and inspect all windows and doors in your home to make sure the quality of glass is up to par, they’ve been installed to our air-tight standards, and they’ve been over-insulated to ensure your home has no energy loss.
- Exterior Painting: We recommend using an exterior paint with zinc oxide included, as this acts as a fungicide and elongates the life of your home’s siding. There are many color options to choose from, and our consultants are happy to match colors and give advice.
- Entry & Patio Doors: Your entry and patio door should have it all: beauty, strength, security, and energy efficiency. There is a large selection of doors available to give you the features you are looking for, with a variety of options to customize the look of your door to reflect your home’s unique style.
- Patios & Decks: Our experienced team can build you a custom deck or patio to suit your home, style, and budget. Your family and friends will enjoy it every spring, summer, and autumn for years to come.
- Driveway & Sidewalks: The appearance of your driveway creates an impression about your home and way of life. Add curb appeal to your home by installing a new concrete or asphalt driveway. We can also fix your cracked concrete driveway or uneven concrete sidewalks.
- Tuckpointing: Tuckpointing is a precise, time consuming and labor intensive process that involves removing and replacing crumbling and missing mortar between stones, blocks and bricks. Along with repair, we determine the cause of cracks and implement measures to prevent future damages.
- Lime Washing Brick: Lime wash is a beautiful old world finish for brick, stone and other masonry surfaces. It offers a solution for beautifying masonry without the damage caused by acrylic-latex paints applied over masonry.
Contact us with any questions and set up a free consultation today!
Take it from Our Clients
Get in Touch
If you don’t know where to start, contact us and we walk you through every step of the construction process. It’s our goal to help you lower your utility costs and create a comfortable, healthy space for your family to gather, without posing any harm to the Earth.
Whether you seek kitchen and bath remodeling or a basement renovation, as Chicago’s best general contractors, we provide a level of customer service that matches our craftsmanship, ensuring that your goals are met on-time and on-budget.
Each project takes time and attention; at EcoBuild+ we work to bring your visions to reality.
Quality craftsmanship, efficient design, unsurpassed customer service, and experience are some of the core values of our company.
EcoBuild+ is committed to giving you a personal experience during the entire construction or remodeling process.